RE: Compatibility: no empty non-empty elements

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> For XHTML output HTML Tidy should not use empty element syntax for empty
> non-empty elements. Sounds cool, ha? :-)
>
> For example:
>
> <head>
>   <title />
> </head>
>
> Navigator 4.5 wont display any content of the page. So Tidy should produce
> something like
>
> <head>
>   <title></title>
> </head>

Strange.  I use Tidy's -asxml command line option all the time, and it
has output <title></title> for as long as I remember.  I just tried it
with the latest 4-Aug-2000 Tidy using -asxml with no other command line
options and no config file, and it still works for me.

What Tidy options are you using?  Are you sure it's Tidy that's doing
this?

--Randy