From: Carl Resnikoff
To: Andy Quick
Cc: Carl Resnikoff
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 5:16 PM
Subject: JTidy bug or feature?

Hi Andy.
I've run into some unexpected behavior of JTidy that may be a bug,
or at least I need advice.
Several months ago, I added a tag "<lm:xcode>" to JTidy, using

 p.put("new-inline-tags", "lm:xcode");
 tidy.setConfigurationFromProps(p);

Then I can do some later postprocessing on anything enclosed
in at a <lm:xcode> <lm:xcode> block.
This works very well for almost anything I've thrown at it, (see attached
file)
but when I try to do:

<strong><lm:xcode>Test-1</lm:xcode>Test-3</strong>

I get the following error:
line 13 column 1 - Warning: inserting implicit <strong>
line 16 column 1 - Warning: replacing unexpected </lm:xcode> by </strong>
line 20 column 1 - Warning: missing </lm:xcode> before </strong>

But if I use one of the standard inline tags like
the inlines nest correctly.
That suggests that there are more than one kind of inline tag.
Can you clarify or suggest a workaround?
thanks, Carl