RE: tidy4aug00 update

Thank you, Jelks & Richard, for clearing that up for me, I was clearly
wrong about "SYSTEM" and omitting it.

However, I still believe that tidy is wrong about the indentation. While I
agree with Jelks that it's easier to read like this and that there is
nothing that says it has to be on one line, Tidy should respect the
configuration settings and apply them also to the Doctype declaration.
This means: if "indent-attributes" is set to "no", the doctype should go on
a single line unless "wrap" comes into effect.
If "indent-attributes" is set to "yes" or "wrap" has a value greater than
zero and smaller than the length of the doctype declaration, the line
should be wrapped and "indent-spaces" should be applied.

Another thing that I noticed:
Text following a <BR> often gets indented by one space (on a new line), no
matter what is set about indentation in the configuration file.
Did anybody else experience this problem?

sebastian.

At 15:26 07.07.00 -0400, Jelks Cabaniss wrote:
> >      "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
> >
> > It is always 2 lines, never one, and always indented by 4 spaces.
>
>The above style is the most often used.  There's nothing that says the whole
>DOCTYPE declaration has to go on one line (I personally find it easier to read
>if it doesn't).

Cyperfection - agentur fuer neue medien GmbH

Sebastian Lange
<mailto:lange@cyperfection.de>
+49 6 21 58 71 04-22

Karl-Kraemer-Str. 4