Re: tidy8jul00 filling STDERR despite "-f /dev/null"

Never replied to my own message before, but - well, could maybe someone
tell me whether I am on the right way?

Would in tidy.c changing

1101            ErrorSummary(lexer);
..
1115    if (totalerrors + totalwarnings > 0)
1116        GeneralInfo(errout);

1101            if (!Quiet)
1102                ErrorSummary(lexer);
..
1116    if (totalerrors + totalwarnings > 0)
1117        if (!Quiet)
1118            GeneralInfo(errout);

fix this problem?

I am referring to the _quiet_ configuration setting:
"If set to _yes_, Tidy won't output the welcome message or the summary of
the numbers of errors and warnings. The default is _no_."
And despite calling tidy with [tidy8jul00 --quiet "yes"], I do get my
error.log filled with those informative (but for me useless) messages.

At 16:36 10.07.2000 +0200, Sebastian Lange wrote:
>Hello Dave & other list members,
>
>No matter what I try in the configuration settings, I always get following
>message written to STDERR, when HTML 4.0 Transitional documents contain
>font tags:
>
>>You are recommended to use CSS to specify the font and
>>properties such as its size and color. This will reduce
>>the size of HTML files and make them easier maintain
>>compared with using <FONT> elements.
>>
>>HTML & CSS specifications are available from http://www.w3.org/
>>To learn more about Tidy see http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
>>Please send bug reports to Dave Raggett care of <html-tidy@w3.org>
>>Lobby your company to join W3C, see http://www.w3.org/Consortium
>

>In my tidy.conf I have written:
>         show-warnings: no
>         error-file: /dev/null
>         quiet: yes
>
>Additionally to that, tidy is being called as:
>         tidy8jul00 -config tidy.conf -quiet -f /dev/null
>

>tidy30apr does NOT show this behavior, with identical settings.
>

>Is this a new bug or a new feature? If the latter, how do I turn it off?
>

>sebastian
>Cyperfection - agentur fuer neue medien GmbH
>
>Sebastian Lange
><mailto:lange@cyperfection.de>
>+49-621-587104-22
>
>Karl-Kraemer-Str. 4
>D-67061 Ludwigshafen
>fon: +49-(0)621-587104-0
>fax: +49-(0)621-587104-90
>http://www.cyperfection.de/
>
>Anfahrt - http://www.cyperfection.de/Anfahrt/

Sebastian Lange
http://www.sl-chat.de/
Maybe the first chat site that validates as HTML
4.0 even though user input may contain HTML codes.

Courtesy to Dave Raggett's HTML Tidy:
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/