Re: Replacement tags

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Bob Schild wrote:

> I'm using Tidy from with in HTML-kit (version 1 , build 288) and
> like what it does except for one major problem.  If there's a
> solution could you send me step-by-step procedures to solve it.
>
> I'm developing Visual Basic 6 Webclasses and using replacement
> tags such as <WC:name></WC:name> (forms have 10 pairs of tags)
> and when I press F9 from within the HTML-Kit, Tidy wants to
> remove all of them.  How can I get it to leave any tags starting
> with "WC:" and "/WC:" ?  I tried Edit/Preferences/Tidy, but I
> must have done it wrong because it didn't help.

If your document is xml, then you need to set the xml option.
Otherwise, you need to declare all of the new elements. Tidy
supports several properties for this:

  new-empty-tags: tag1, tag2, tag3
  new-inline-tags: tag1, tag2, tag3
  new-blocklevel-tags: tag1, tag2, tag3
  new-pre-tags: tag1, tag2, tag3

e.g.

  new-inline-tags: WC:name

From what you say, these may not be settable from within HTML-Kit
at least in the version you have. You may therefore need to use
Tidy directly with a plain text editor or a tool such as NoteTab
which run's tidy.exe on your behalf (see www.notetab.com)

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)