Re: [META] What happened to this list?

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> At least here in my mailbox, this list was, until about 2 days
> ago, one of the lowest volume technical lists I have been on for
> a year or more.
>
> However, about 2 days or so ago the volume went from probably 20
> msg a month or so to a hundred or more a day.
>
> Did I miss a new version of tidy, or did someone who likes to
> email a lot just join the list <smile>?  Or was there perhaps
> something hosing up emails and now I am getting the normal load?

Two things appear to have gone wrong in the very week that I was
travelling and away from email!

First there were a lot of bounced messages Second there was some
weird problem whereby old mail was suddenly reposted without any
obvious reason. Our sysadmin kindly noticed the problem and stepped
in with a fix - thanks Gerald!

Hopefully the volume of email will drop to a low level as I for
one can't afford much time to work on Tidy. There are more
pressing tasks such as drafting briefing packages and charters
for further work on HTML at W3C.

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)