Re: Tidy doesn't work with MS Webclasses

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, Todd V. Clark wrote:

> I noticed that tidy has a problem parsing Microsoft Webclass
> tags.  All webclass tags begin with "<WC@".  The programmer of
> the webclass defines these tags for the application.  For
> example:
>
> <WC@DOMAINNAME>test.com</WC@DOMAINNAME>> Even if defining WC@DOMAINNAME in the .CFG file as a block level
> tag, tidy stops parsing the tag name at the '@'.
>
>     <WC@DOMAINNAME>test.com</WC@DOMAINNAME>>     becomes:
>
>     <WC DOMAINNAME>test.com</WC>>
> Any ideas (besides not using webclasses) <g>

Tidy is picky about what characters it expects within tag names.
Perhaps I should add an option to make it less picky. In the
meantime you could patch the code for ParseTagName() in lexer.c
or you could add @ to the namechar set defined in InitMap() also
in lexer.c. The source code is available from the Tidy home page

  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy

Thanks for the input.

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (mobile)