Tidy for the Mac

Hi all,

I would like to ask how this works on the Macintosh?

Thanks, Paul.

Rodeo Red wrote:

> I have read the section on how to run tidy on this webpage,
>
> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy
>
> but I don't see how to follow the instuctions; Specifically:
>
> How to run tidy
>
>             tidy [[options] filename]*
>
> How do I use this ? How do I put any input into the program ?
> Then later it says : To get a list of available options use:
>
>             tidy -help
>
> How do I use this  line ? I type it in, press enter,  and nothing
> happens.

I assume you are using Windows.

You have to open a DOS window first.  Go to the Start menu, choose Programs,
then choose "DOS Prompt" or "Command Prompt" or something like that.  Then
you can type.

However, if you're totally unfamiliar with the DOS prompt, you may encounter
additional obstacles.  I don't know if there is a more friendly front-end
available for Tidy...

Randy
Kind regards,
Paul Mycroft, Web Developer
mailto:starsky@ushost.com

U.S. Host, Inc. - Internet Solutions Provider
http://www.ushost.com
312.577.2250 ext.17