RE: Tidy request

Dave Raggett wrote:

> An interesting idea, although I guess I would prefer a slightly
> different syntax, e.g.
>
>    replace-tags: i/em, b/strong

Looks good.

> > Would this be difficult to implement?
>
> No. The only question would be how it interacts with the clean
> operations. My preference would be to do this separately before
> the clean operations are applied.

Yes, after "tidying" ("replace-tags" on ill-formed markup might be problematical
:) and before "cleaning".

The big question is ... would it be difficult to transform the attributes as
well?  Given:

and

	replace-tags: p[id="foo"]/div[class="bar" style="color: red"]
	/* using CSS-style attribute selectors
	   (see http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selector.html#q10 ) */

to create:

/Jelks