Re: [Fwd: My future of HTML position paper]

Dan Connolly writes:
 > Here's David Singer's proposal, discussed at the
 > workshop.

one has to object to the statement

  <h2>HTML 4.0 is Overwhelmingly Successful</h2>

since HTML 4.0 was only released very recently, and it must be assumed
that few people actually *use* it in all its glory. if David's "nasty,
brutish and short" comes true, then 4.0 will be definitely
*un*successful!

but the interesting bit is

  <li>Paragraphs
  <li>Lists
  <li>Sections
  <li>Tables
  <li>Images
  <li>Forms

as the logical units of HTML. I think this is well worth discussing in
more detail. my suggestion would be

 - paragraph level markup, including lists
 - document structure (ie section headings, head, title)
 - tables
 - forms
 - image inclusion
 - linking
 - frames
 - scripts and objects
 - entities

its important to break out links as a separate subject, IMHO

sebastian