Re: [cssom-view] Drop "DOM" prefix from DOMRect et al?

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-script-coord/**
> 2013JulSep/0666.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2013JulSep/0666.html>it was suggested that the "DOM" prefix be dropped from
> DOMRect/DOMPoint/DOMQuad etc. TC39 consensus is to avoid using prefixes,
> and JavaScript is going to introduce new names like System, Symbol, etc.
> WebIDL interface objects are exposed as configurable objects in JS, so user
> code can overwrite them. Also URL is introduced without prefix.

Tab explained in that thread some reasons why we want to use a prefix.

User code can overwrite WebIDL interface objects, but if for example some
user code wants to use the name Rect, it's a pain to mix that with other
code that wants to use the DOM Rect API, so name collisions still have a
cost.

How are we going to settle this once and for all so it doesn't get reopened
again?

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*