Re: not-good-fit ... Authorized translations and WAI Glossary

OK, in practice it is not a show-stopper.
Mainly I just wanted to raise this issue, in case it had been overlooked.
Nice to know that it is on the agenda.

regards
/olle

Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
> Hi Olle,
>
> Good to hear from you, hope you've been well.
>
> We are aware of this issue and are actively working on providing a
> more stable WAI Glossary. However, WCAG 2.0 and several other
> documents that we are currently listing as priorities for translation
> [1] have their own glossaries. There should be no policy issues for
> the Swedish WCAG 2.0 Authorized Translation. Let me know if you are
> encountering issues with translations for other WAI documents.
>
> [1] <http://www.w3.org/WAI/translation#priorities>
>
> Regards,
>   Shadi
>

> Coralie Mercier wrote:
>>
>> Hello Olle
>>
>> Thanks for writing!
>> I'll defer to my colleagues in the WAI team. I am not knowledgeable
>> enough to do otherwise.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Coralie
>>
>> On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 17:58:54 +0200, Olle Olsson <olleo@sics.se> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> (To Coralie /translations; wai/WAI)
>>>
>>> What appears to be an inconsistency in the rules and regulations for
>>> Authorized Translations.
>>>
>>> In
>>>    "Policy for Authorized W3C Translations"
>>>    http://www.w3.org/2005/02/TranslationPolicy
>>> is stated in "Additional Notes ... c":

>>> But in that explicitly referenced page
>>>    "[DRAFT] Basic Glossary for WAI Documents"
>>>    http://www.w3.org/WAI/glossary/basic.html
>>>
>>> there is a disclaimer at the bottom:
>>>
>>> "... should not be referenced or quoted ..." does not sit well with
>>> " ... should be used".
>>>
>>> Furthermore, that DRAFT WAI glossary was last changed in May 2006.
>>> Is it not high time to just release it as it is? No severe
>>> deficiencies have been detected so far, right?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> /olle

Olle Olsson   olleo@sics.se   Tel: +46 8 633 15 19  Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
 [Svenska W3C-kontoret: olleo@w3.org]
SICS [Swedish Institute of Computer Science]
Box 1263
SE - 164 29 Kista
Sweden