Re: Non-text content loophole

On 23/11/2023 20:10, Ms J wrote:

> But yes, I am talking about it from the perspective of
> users who require the ability to adapt the visual presentation of the page.
[...]
> I'm talking about AT used to adjust the visual presentation of the page.

And as this sort of of change/adjustment falls effectively under
personalisation/restyling, and since the way these changes (including
forced colours/high contrast modes/etc) happen is not standardised and
idiosyncratic, this is currently not covered by WCAG.

And unfortunately, since WCAG aims to be relatively technology agnostic
in its wording, it won't be possible to just come up with a
tech-specific "don't use CSS backgrounds" or similar requirement. It
needs to be more broadly applicable.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux