Re: 2.4.7 Focus Visible

On 11/07/2023 20:15, Michael Livesey wrote:

> Thus it follows that the WCAG wording in 2.4.7 actually encourages a
> worse UX for a accessible users than either focus or focus-visible, the
> browser default behaviour.

WCAG does not encourage anything of the sort. WCAG sets a baseline
lowest limit of what sites must do in order to comply.

If you're concerned that WCAG's baseline is too low and should be
raised, then I suggest you propose a new, stricter Success Criterion,
and get that approved by both the working group and the various
stakeholders involved in ratifying WCAG.

> Your position is very interesting, Patrick.

And so is yours, Michael.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux