Re: 2.4.7 Focus Visible

Just to note that Firefox does not trigger focus-visible from a mouse click
after a keyboard interaction on a page, as Patrick previously wrote. I just
tested this out as it appeared dubious and highly confusing UX.

However, regarding the focus-visible issue, MDN does caution the following:

*"CognitionIt may not be obvious as to why the focus indicator is appearing
and disappearing if a person is using mixed forms of input. For users with
cognitive concerns, or who are less technologically literate, this lack of
consistent behavior for interactive elements may be confusing."*

I would say that it is not just confusing to people with cognitive
impairment, it is confusing to all. I would argue that fact that MDN has
decided to raise this issue as a cautionary note would argue against it
being an authoring decision, but rather one that needs WCAG attention,
either as an Advisory, where nuance can be accomodated, or an outright AA
requirement.