Re: Question on dereferenceable RIF rules

RIF rules can be identified by an IRI but the standards don't specify
any dereferencing at an individual rule level.

The syntax is arcane, but the IRICONST? in the IRIMETA production [1] is
an optional IRI to denote a rule (or indeed parts of rules).

You can, of course, pull in rule documents using the Import directive
and so, as you say, dereference a document containing just one rule.
It would be perfectly reasonable to give the rule an IRI such as you
suggest:
     http://example.org/mydocument#rule1
and then include that rule by importing the containing document.
However, the standard doesn't enforce any relation between the document
location and any IRI annotations on the contained rules. Nor does it
require any dereferencing other than explicit Import.

This is no different from RDF and OWL. In the standards then RDF
resources can be identified by IRIs (well, URI references) but there is
no formal requirement to be able to deference them. In Linked Data we do
expect to be able to deference them but that's a convention on top, not
part of the RDF specification. Similarly with OWL there is an explicit
document-level import but no axiom level dereferencing other than by
convention.

Dave

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-rif-core-20130205/#Annotations_and_Documents