Re: a list of companies active in the semantic technology area

On 23 Dec 2010, at 11:44, Martin Hepp wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>> However, there is no link from the main page.
>> You might want to add to the instructions to add the
>> <link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="RDF/XML data for Franz Inc." href="/goodrelations.rdf" />
>> to it.
>>
>> (I know that RDFa is preferred, but some CMS systems barf at trying to do it, as ours did.)
>>
>> So the quickest way for us is to add the standalone file and the link rel, which I understand is an acceptable structure.
>
> I cannot check it right now due to a lack of reliable Internet connection, but there should be a link to
>
> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_Recipe_8
>
> somewhere on the results page of the tool that explains the link / meta approach.
You are right, there is.
It says:
"2. Save and publish the file on your Web server under the filename http://www.seme4.com/goodrelations.rdf; for details see here."
Only I didn't follow it because I thought I knew how to put the file there. :-)

> Note, however: We tried three generations of form-based annotation tools for GoodRelations data, and most non-academic users are either lacking skills or privileges (or both) to properly publish GoodRelations data in RDF/XML as files, so we really now recommend RDFa in "empty" div elements as the default mechanism for publishing RDF data.
Sure.

> Most site owners failed to publish the goodrelations.rdf file properly or did not publish it at all, while the "RDFa snippet style" approach has drastically increased the ratio of actually deployed content.
I can well imagine.
Thanks.

--
Hugh Glaser,