Specification of "text-align-last" property

From: Holger Flörke <floerke@doctronic.de>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:14:44 +0100
To: xsl-editors@w3.org

I noticed a different behaviour of the two main XSL-FO-Processors
RenderX XEP and AntennaHouse XSLFormatter with respect to the
"text-align-last" property of XSL-FO. Both support-teams say they are
right. Maybe I can get an "official" answer from the list.

The problem can be summarizes as: "When breaking a block by an included
block, is the last line before the included block affected by
text-align-last?"

For Example:

<fo:block text-align="justify" text-align-last="justify">
  brah brah<fo:block/>brah<fo:leader leader-pattern="dots"/>
</fo:block>

will result in
"""
brah      brah
brah..........
"""
(notice the alignment of the first line)

or in

"""
brah brah
"""

I am not really sure which one is conform to XSL-FO 1.1. Maybe someone
can help.

Best Regards,

Holger
--
holger floerke                      d  o  c  t  r  o  n  i  c
email floerke@doctronic.de          information publishing + retrieval