RE: Specification of "text-align-last" property

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:34:22 -0500
To: Holger Flörke <floerke@doctronic.de>, <xsl-editors@w3.org>

Regarding:

> "When breaking a block by an included block, is the last line
> before the included block affected by text-align-last?"

the answer is yes.

The correct handling should be:
   1.) The last line before any embedded block/block-container
       should obey the text-align-last property.
   2.) The first line in the outer block following the embedded
       block/block-container should obey text-align and should
       NOT have text-indent applied.

This is covered in the XSL 1.1 spec by the wording at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#text-align in the last paragraph
of section 7.16.10 "text-align-last" which reads:

 Specifies the alignment of the last line-area child
 of the last block-area generated and returned by the
 formatting object, and to any line-area generated by
 the formatting object whose following sibling is a
 block-area that is not a line-area, and any lines in
 the block ending in U+000A.

paul
for the XSL FO SG