RE: Wording for spaces produces interpretation differences among implementations

The XSL FO SG has discussed this and believes
the wording in the spec is correct rather than
your proposed rephrasing.

Consider a <p> that gets mapped into an fo:block that,
due to the amount of content, generates two areas on
two consequtive pages.  We do not want the space before
the fo:block to occur also on the 2nd page.

Paul Grosso
for the XSL FO SG