Re: Wording for spaces produces interpretation differences among implementations

Thank you for the clarification. That helps a lot. I've already fixed the
behaviour of Apache FOP accordingly. This will be in the next release.
I'd like to ask the other implementors who did the same "mistake" to
similarly adjust their implementations in order to improve
interoperability.

Still, given the fact that roughly half of the implementations we
checked are/were doing this wrong, another attempt to make this clearer
in the spec would certainly be helpful.

On 18.01.2006 20:35:23 Grosso, Paul wrote:

> The XSL FO SG has discussed this and believes
> the wording in the spec is correct rather than
> your proposed rephrasing.
>
> Consider a <p> that gets mapped into an fo:block that,
> due to the amount of content, generates two areas on
> two consequtive pages.  We do not want the space before
> the fo:block to occur also on the 2nd page.
>
> Paul Grosso
> for the XSL FO SG

Jeremias Maerki