Re: from-page-master-region() and Re: reference-orientation

From: Sharon Adler <sca@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:18:29 -0400
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Cc: lists@pbw.id.au

Peter,

I must apologize for taking so long to answer your comment on XSL 1.1.  We
value your comments and recognize that we need to introduce an inheritance
mechanism that inherits selectively from the layout rather than down
formatting object tree.  However, we believe that this is part of a more
extensive set of functionality we wish to introduce in the next version of
XSL.  It is at that time that we will design "layout-driven inheritance".

Thank you for your interest in XSL 1.1.

Sharon

Sharon C. Adler
 Senior Manager, Extensible Technologies