Suggested clarification on internal-destination and external-destination properties

From: Glen Mazza <grm7793@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:02:17 -0400
To: XSL Editors <xsl-editors@w3.org>

Editors:

The following constraint appears both on the internal-destination[1] and
external-destination[1] properties in the 1.1WD:

"At least one of the external-destination and internal-destination
properties should be assigned. If both are assigned, the system may
either report the error, or use the internal-destination property."

The second sentence appears to contradict the first ("At least
one...should") by indicating that having both assigned would be an
error.  I would recommend rewriting the above constraint to either of
the following, depending on your original intent:

"Only one of the external-destination and internal-destination
properties should be assigned. If both are assigned, the system may
either report the error, or use the internal-destination property."
(Switching "At least" to "Only one")

or

"At least one of the external-destination and internal-destination
properties should be assigned. If both are assigned, the system may
either report it as an error, or use the internal-destination
property."  (Switching "the error" to "as an error")

I suspect the former is what was intended.

Thanks,
Glen Mazza
Apache FOP Team

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xsl11-20031217/#internal-destination