Re: Place fo:marker children into FO content models

From: Glen Mazza <grm7793@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 09:25:49 -0400
To: xsl-editors@w3.org

Editors,

This is in reference to my previous email [1] recommending listing
fo:markers directly within the content model.  It appears from another's
comment on a related topic (which pointed to rule 51 of the XML
recommendation [2]), that at least #2 and #8 of my suggestions were
incorrect because evidently nothing may precede #PCDATA in a mixed
content model.

If so, it may be helpful for the SG to adopt another syntatical model
that would allow a fuller specification of the precise ordering of child
elements (i.e., without the DTD-mandated constraints), especially as the
number of FO's defined within the recommendation increases.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xsl-editors/2004AprJun/0072.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-mixed-content

Thanks,
Glen Mazza