From: Spencer Kimball [mailto:skimball@borland.com]
Sent: 25 November 2002 16:33
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Subject: XSL transformations intro

Dear Editors,

This paragraph is from XSL Transformations (XSLT)
Version 1.0, "1. Introduction":

"A transformation expressed in XSLT is called a stylesheet. This is because,
in the case when XSLT is transforming into the XSL formatting vocabulary,
the transformation functions as a stylesheet."

It struck me that the second sentence negates the first, in that the first
introduces the term "stylesheet" for the first time, and the second assumes
that you already know what it is. It would probably be best either to place
the information in the second sentence later in the document, or provide a
link for the definition of the term if that seems appropriate. At least,
that's my prescription for avoiding a few of the charges of gobbledygook
propagation that the creators of standards documents are heir to ;->

With regards, fwiw,

Spencer Kimball

Borland Software Corp.

skimball@borland.com <mailto:skimball@borland.com>