XSL transformations intro

From: Spencer Kimball <skimball@borland.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:33:29 -0500 (EST)
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Dear Editors,

This paragraph is from XSL Transformations (XSLT)
Version 1.0, "1. Introduction":

"A transformation expressed in XSLT is called a stylesheet. This is because, in the case when XSLT is transforming into the XSL formatting vocabulary, the transformation functions as a stylesheet."

It struck me that the second sentence negates the first, in that the first introduces the term "stylesheet" for the first time, and the second assumes that you already know what it is. It would probably be best either to place the information in the second sentence later in the document, or provide a link for the definition of the term if that seems appropriate. At least, that's my prescription for avoiding a few of the charges of gobbledygook propagation that the creators of standards documents are heir to ;->

With regards, fwiw,

Spencer Kimball

Borland Software Corp.

skimball@borland.com