basic-link missing from %block;

From: W. Eliot Kimber <eliot@isogen.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:55:53 -0500
To: xsl-editors@w3.org

I've been experimenting with using basic link around blocks overlayed on
graphics to implement hot spots (works with XSL Formatter--XEP currently
doesn't fully implement absolute positioning of blocks, but should
otherwise work there too. Haven't tried with Epic yet).

I noticed that %block; does not include basic-link but basic-link allows
block. This suggests that basic-link should be allowed where ever block
is allowed. There is already an explicit constraint that basic-link
cannot contain blocks when it occurs in an inline-only context and
visa-versa, so I don't think that allowing basic-link in %block; will
open up any potential ambiguity of allowed combinations of elements.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@isogen.com