supporting web services from XSLT 2.0

From: Francis Norton <francis@redrice.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 11:00:18 -0500 (EST)
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Hi,

I would like to be able to include the result of Web Service Query in my
transforms.

Any service that can be accessed by an HTTP GET, or a simple URL in
general, can be accessed using the current document() function. But SOAP
requires an XML query block, and that cannot be done with the current
functionality.

A SOAP message may require a "SOAPAction" header, but apart from that
the main requirement for a bare-ones SOAP enabling function would be to
pass a single XML block containing a SOAP envelope element.

Francis Norton.