5.6 Modes

From: Diamond, Jason <Jason.Diamond@MKG.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:01:14 -0500 (EST)
To: "'xsl-editors@w3.org'" <xsl-editors@w3.org>
I've often wished that the mode attribute on xsl:template could contain a
whitespace seperated list of QNames so that I didn't have to copy the
identity templates into each mode I wanted to use them in, for example.

Additionally, wildcards would be nice. * for all modes and prefix:* for all
modes in a specific namespace. (Or maybe * for all unqualified modes and *:*
for all modes.) For example, I often want to turn off copying text() nodes
to the result tree for all modes. To do this now, I have to create an empty
template for each mode.

Jason Diamond.