Please clarify xsl:apply-imports

From: <David_Marston@lotus.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:24:11 -0500 (EST)
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
I believe that you intend to have clearer wording about xsl:apply-imports
in the XSLT 2.0 document. I would like to get your erratum for XSLT 1.0 in
the same area (section 5.6). Points to cover:
It causes the invocation of one template, just as apply-templates does.
If there is no matching template, the built-in rule is used.
There is no automatic cascading of apply-imports; a built-in rule for
elements has apply-templates and may thus search for matching templates
among all templates available in the whole consolidated stylesheet.
Please say whatever may be necessary to convey that apply-imports does not
change the current node.
.................David Marston