RE: Please clarify xsl:apply-imports

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:12:16 +0100
To: "'David_Marston@lotus.com'" <David_Marston@lotus.com>, www-xsl-wg@w3.org, xsl-editors@w3.org
> I believe that you intend to have clearer wording about
> xsl:apply-imports
> in the XSLT 2.0 document. I would like to get your erratum
> for XSLT 1.0 in
> the same area (section 5.6).

To achieve greater clarity in the XSLT 2.0 draft, I found it necessary to
introduce a number of new concepts and definitions, including the concepts
of a "stylesheet module", a "stylesheet level" (all the modules with the
same import precedence), order of declarations within a stylesheet level,
and the import tree as being a tree of stylesheet levels, not stylesheet
modules. Unfortunately it's not really possible to introduce this kind of
formalism in a 1.0 erratum - it would amount to doing a "1.0 second
edition".

If someone would like to propose replacement text for 1.0, I'll be happy to
review it... but it's not going to be easy, and I wonder if it's effort well
spent?

Mike Kay

 Points to cover: