RE: IDREFS

From: Michael Kay <mhkay@iclway.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:24:57 +0100
To: "'Danny Vint'" <dvint@mindspring.com>, <xsl-editors@w3.org>
> but I'm trying to use the id() function to breakup the list
> of ids and that
> doesn't seem to be working as shown here:
> 	<xsl:key use="id(@ideref)"/>
>
> It seems to be the combination of id() and <xsl:key> that
> aren't aligned.

If you change this to
<xsl:key use="id(@ideref)/@idatt"/>
where idatt is the name of the ID attribute, then it should work.

Currently you are indexing the nodes on the string-value of the elements
identified by ID value, whereas you want to index them by their id-value.

But I can't quite see why you want to build a key using ID values, why not
use the id() function directly?