From: Max Froumentin [mailto:mf@w3.org]
Sent: 24 April 2001 05:24
To: DPawson@rnib.org.uk
Subject: Re: link to XSLT stylesheet

DPawson@rnib.org.uk writes:

> On the list, Mike Brown pointed out that the ?mime type?
> may not be right, using the M$ text/xsl,
> do you have any further information on that?
>   Could it / should it be added to the document?

(Sorry, I don't have much time to follow the list) You're right, there
is no text/xsl mime type, although there is a text/css (RFC2318
[1]). BUT, there is "application/xslt+xml", recently defined by RFC
3023 [2], dated January 2001. So I guess it's that one Microsoft and
others should use. But I reckon it'll take time for vendors to use it
(ask David C about text/mathml+xml, defined in the same RFC).

Cheers,

Max.

[1] ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2318.txt
[2] ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3023.txt