XSLT wish list

From: Birney Titus <birneyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 21:18:06 -0500 (EST)
To: <xsl-editors@w3.org>
I think the following feature would be useful for xslt:

a function similar to the document() function, but taking a string of XML as
an argument. In other words, rather than reading XML from an external file
as document() does, this would read from a string.

Here's my contemplated use of this. I would like to design an extension
function which returns a recordset as a string of XML. Using the proposed
function, I could efficiently apply a template to the recordset, writing it
to the result tree.

Birney Titus