Re: repost/summary of some outstanding output issues for XSLT 1.1

From: Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:36:13 -0600 (MDT)
To: James Clark <jjc@jclark.com>
CC: Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>, xsl-editors@w3.org
James Clark wrote:
> I don't agree here.  Although character references are not recognized in
> "script data" elements, they are recognized in "script data" attributes
> (see http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#h-6.14), so output escaping
> should not be disabled in "script data" attributes.  See also
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/appendix/notes.html#notes-specifying-data .

You are correct. I thought I had researched the issue thoroughly, but
obviously I missed these explicit exceptions. I withdraw the suggestion,
although if I remember correctly, the issue came up because user agents
weren't handling the escaped attribute data properly.

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at         My XML/XSL resources:
webb.net in Denver, Colorado, USA           http://www.skew.org/xml/