generating eg PDF bookmarks from XSL FO

From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:53:37 +0100
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
cc: xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
About 9 months, I asked whether XSL FO would put in some objects in
which I could store material to be presented in (eg) PDF bookmarks.
At that time, I used an extension like this:

   <fo:block
     <fotex:bookmark
	xmlns:fotex="http://www.tug.org/fotex"
	fotex-bookmark-level="2"
	fotex-bookmark-label="foo">Introduction</fotex:bookmark>
     Introduction: the way it is
  </fo:block>

which set a normal block with the words "Introduction: the way it is",
and establish a second-levek `heading' with the words
"Introduction". This translates straightforwardly into PDF bookmarks,
and no doubt other systems can do something similar.

Looking at the 27th March XSL draft, I still cannot see any official
way to produce the desired effect.  Can anyone comment? If there is no
plan to include it, I will keep on with my extension, but I would
prefer not to...

Sebastian Rahtz