Re: Calabash debug logging

Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> writes:
>   I looked into the ref doc on the Calabash website, but could not
> find how to set the logging options for Calabash itself.  I mean, not
> for the step p:log, but for the logging statements in the Calabash
> Java code itself.

Just point to a logging properties file. For example,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Configuration status="warn">
  <Appenders>
    <Console name="Console" target="SYSTEM_ERR">
      <PatternLayout pattern="%-5level: %msg%n" />
    </Console>
  </Appenders>
  <Loggers>
    <Logger name="com.xmlcalabash" level="debug" additivity="false">
      <AppenderRef ref="Console"/>
    </Logger>
    <Root level="warn">
      <AppenderRef ref="Console" />
    </Root>
  </Loggers>
</Configuration>

It's all supposed to be bog standard Java logging stuff now. Not
that I couldn't possibly have gotten it wrong.

I added issue #182 to track it.

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation