Re: own defined step and xml:base "inheritance"

On 16 December 2013 11:27, RICAUD-DUSSARGET Matthieu wrote:

  Hi,

> - base-uri()
> - base-uri(.)
> - base-uri(/*)

> It always refers to the base-uri of the *XML file being processed* (by
> default the folder where the xml file is stored), not the Xproc Pipeline
> neither the xml:base attribute I've add to the XPL file.

  It looks like what you are looking for is static-base-uri(.).  On a
side note, URI resolution is not rocket science, but still it requires
precision.  You must know how URIs are resolved, and where they come
from.  That's a bit of investment, but then it makes you save time,
instead of the "trying / failing" scheme.  Some interesting readings:

    http://w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-base-uri
    http://w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-static-base-uri
    http://w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-resolve-uri

  What I do, usually, is always to pass either absolute URIs, or
always pass the base URI they should be resolved against when they are
relative.

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/