Re: Embedded Calabash?

On 29 November 2012 09:34, Ichiro Furusato wrote:

  Hi,

> I soon have a rather large project that will be using Calabash to
> replace a java-based XSLT pipeline. In poring over the mailing list
> archives I can't seem to find any reference to calling Calabash
> from within a Java application (in my case a web application).

  I used Calabash in several Java project.  You can for instance see
how I use it in Servlex, a Java Web application itself:

    http://code.google.com/p/servlex/source/browse/trunk/servlex/src/java/org/expath/servlex/components/XProcPipeline.java

  The biggest constraint I think to use Calabash on a server, is that
the compiled pipeline cannot be reused, so it cannot be cached
(compiled once and reused many times).  If I remember correctly that
is explained in some comment in the above file.

  You can have a look at QuiXProc as well, it might solve that
problem: http://code.google.com/p/quixproc/.

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/