Embedded Calabash?

From: Ichiro Furusato <ichiro.furusato@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:34:57 +1300
To: xproc-dev@w3.org
Hi,

I soon have a rather large project that will be using Calabash to
replace a java-based XSLT pipeline. In poring over the mailing list
archives I can't seem to find any reference to calling Calabash
from within a Java application (in my case a web application).
The Calabash home page notes that it is a command line application,
so I can't claim I was misled by the author.

I'm assuming that not everyone is using it from the command line
and am wondering if there's any simple way to embed it. In lieu
of an obvious solution (obvious to me anyway), and ignoring the
existing Parser class that seems to read an XML configuration
file, I've gone ahead and extended the ParseArgs class to set an
XProcConfiguration from a java.util.Properties file, then using
too much cut-and-paste code from com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main
I've got (I think) the basics going. But it does seem like a lot
of work, and fragile (i.e., based on a combination of ParseArgs
and Main).

So before I go much further down this rabbit hole I thought to
ask if there's a better (easier) way to embed this beast. FYI,
using Linux, Java 7 and Saxon PE 9.4.

Cheers,

Ichiro