Re: Permanently sinking output ports

From: Romain Deltour <rdeltour@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 13:13:03 +0100
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>, Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@gmail.com>
Well, the whole point is to let implementors do some basic optimization without requiring a full-blown *static* graph analysis. If a port has been discarded following the execution of the annotated p:sink but is later read it would issue a *dynamic* error.

That said, it was just a thought. It may well be that a static dependency graph analysis is not that costly to implement.

Romain.