Re: Permanently sinking output ports

From: Romain Deltour <rdeltour@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 17:48:07 +0100
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
To: QuiXProc XProc <quixproc@gmail.com>
> The problem with your proposal is that the XProc standards doesn't say that you read the pipeline sequentially (because of the dependency graph)

I know, but the dependency graph is precisely why  the author or the runtime can know statically when some ports will no longer be read. What I suggest is for the author to be able to give a hint to the implementation, so that it's easier to implement such optimization without requiring to perform a complete graph analysis.

Romain.