XSLT-like command line parameter passing

From: Dr. Yves Forkl <Y.Forkl@srz.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:27:01 +0100
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Please forgive if this is a trivial question, but I couldn't find an example of how to do this anywhere.

Very much like with XSLT, I would like to reference the value of a parameter that has been passed to the processor from the command line.

The command line part, of course, is easy with Calabash: --with-param myparam=myvalue

As far as I have understood, XProc has no global variables, but can pass parameters through its steps. However, I can't figure out how to access the parameter within an XPath expression when setting variable myvar in a step of my pipeline:

Do I need to read out <c:param-set> and parse its <c:param> children? Or what else am I missing?