Re: xsl:message support

From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@mulberrytech.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:56:43 -0400
To: vojtech.toman@emc.com
CC: xproc-dev@w3.org
Dear Vojtech and xproc-dev,

On 4/3/2012 2:29 AM, vojtech.toman@emc.com wrote:
> Currently, the only standard way to get the results of xsl:message is using the p:try/p:catch step. This, however, works only in the cases when you use<xsl:message terminate="yes">. Without terminate set to "yes", you cannot access the messages.
>
> You can find an example of this in the XProc specification: http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#error-example, or in this XProc test: http://tests.xproc.org/tests/required/try-003.xml

Thanks, this is very useful info.

We may end up dropping our messages in as XML and then filtering them
into a separate "warnings" pipe. I imagine this is being done a fair
amount: is it more or less the recommendation when developers want to
use xsl:message to emit runtime warnings? Are there other ideas I have
missed?

Cheers,
Wendell