Re: Proposed update to pxp:unzip: charset attribute

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:34:24 +0200
To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
On 8 October 2011 22:10, Norman Walsh wrote:

  Hi,

> I propose that we add a charset option to the pxp:unzip step. If the
> specified content type is not an XML content type but is a text
> content type (begins "text/") and a charset parameter is specified,
> then the result is a c:data element containing the characters of the
> extracted file.

  Why only for text/*?  What if application/xml and the entry does not
have an XML declaration (or if the XML decl does not have the encoding
pseudo-attribute)?  Shouldn't it be possible to help the processor by
telling it: "hey, I know this entry is ISO-8859-15, make sure the XML
parser will use this"...

http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/