Re: Sending e-mails from a pipeline...

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:22:23 -0500
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> writes:

> We should consider a step definition for SMTP.

It's tempting to try to make something simple. The simple cases seem
to be covered by

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klyne-message-rfc822-xml-03

Though that's clearly been stalled for, uh, 9 years.

The problem with the less simple cases is handling all of the MIME
encoding/disposition/id/boundary/etc. malarkey.

We have machinery for (at least some of) MIME, in p:http-request, but
that seems to set the bar pretty high for the simple case.

Meh.

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation