Re: Sending e-mails from a pipeline...

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 22:57:05 -0700
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Philip Fennell
<Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com> wrote:
> I was just experimenting with sending the result of a pipeline as an e-mail
> and I got this response from Calabash:
>
> Severity: error
>
> Should I deduce from this that the mailto protocol is not supported?

Do you mean in the p:http-request step?

Per the mailto RFC [1]:

   The "mailto" URL has unusual
   semantics because resolving such a URL does not cause an immediate
   interaction. Instead, the client creates a message to the designated
   address with the various header fields set as default. The user can
   edit the message, send this message unedited, or choose not to send
   the message. The operation of how any URL scheme is resolved is not
   mandated by the URL specifications.

As such, I don't think any XProc implementation would support such a
protocol scheme.

We should consider a step definition for SMTP.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2368

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."