Re: Baffling error with http-request

From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:30:55 +0000
To: Tony Rogers <tony@gonk.net>
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>, Inigo Surguy <inigo.surguy@gmail.com>, vojtech.toman@emc.com, Romain Deltour <rdeltour@gmail.com>
> In the meantime, I have two unanswered questions about this little nuisance:
> Why wouldn't I have run into this problem when I ran the pipeline last week?

Perhaps the url didn't return a 404 last week?  If you hit the w3.org
site too often too quickly you get blocked for a while...

> Is there any way to ask Calabash (or the programs it works with) to
> “opt-out” of validation for this http-request step?

The DTD is always fetched for entity resolution and defaulted values,
there is no way to turn that off.  Your 2 options are basically to
store a local copy (using a catalog or EntityResolver) or provide your
own EntityResolver (and mayne DTDResolver in this case) to intercept
the calls and return your own values...

Andrew Welch