Re: Disable output escaping

Alex,

disable-output-escaping in XSLT is generally considered to be
brittle, if not actually ill-advised, since it's not an aspect of
transformation itself, but of serialization (writing the results of a
tree transformation to a file). The reason it's working in oXygen but
not in your XProc is because oXygen is using a serializer that
supports it, whereas your XProc processor is not (or is not configured to).

Assuming you really do have a requirement to avoid escaping your
output, how to fix this would depend on your processor. (I have to
admit just wanting "&" instead of the correct "&" sounds fishy to
me: why would you want to do that?) You don't actually want to escape
markup; actually it's more the opposite, you want to avoid the
escaping that ordinarily prevents reserved characters from being
written as literals, which is to say as markup.

XSLT 2.0 provides more robust features for mapping characters on
serialization, which can be used for this purpose. But how well this
will work in your XProc environment would depend on the latter. (The
XProc spec mentions only that the standard does not actually specify
support for the relevant mechanism, use-character-maps. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-xproc-20100511/#serialization-options.)

Cheers,
Wendell