Re: Proposed extension libraries

On 29 March 2010 08:47, ? wrote:

  Hi,

> Since the EXProc "package" specifies both extension steps and
> extension XPath functions, we will need to say that importing
> the EXProc libraries will also magically enable a couple of
> XPath extension functions. So I think that EXProc compliant
> processors will have to recognize the EXProc library URIs in
> any case - and actually do something more than just a simple
> import (as defined in the XProc spec.)

  I think this is a good use case for the EXPath Packaging
System.  For now it is able to package standard files of XSLT,
XQuery, XProc, NVDL, XML Schema, Relax NG, etc.  And it is
extensible to package say, extensions for Saxon written in Java
(I get this example because it is actually implemented, but this
is usable by other processors too of course).

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/